The Credit Control Officer will be part of the Credit Control Team which is responsible for performing controls in an effort to minimise credit risks and maximise the collection of cash and equipment.
Main duties include:
- Answering calls from customers and internal employees,
- Vetting of new clients and approving of sales orders,
- Chasing clients for payment and equipment mainly through calls, but also through SMS, Letters and Emails,
- Negotiate with customers for payments on an agreement basis,
- Payment Processing Tasks,
- Handle charges and/or adjustments through our Internal Ticketing system,
- Following up on actions agreed with subscribers, including disconnection of services, charging for unreturned equipment,
- Analysing reports to identify overdue/high risk customers,
- Testing of Internal Tools & applications,
- Other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the objectives of the function.
The ideal candidate would
- Have an ‘O’ Level standard of Education; a pass in Accounting will be considered a plus,
- Be fluent in both Maltese and English,
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel and Word,
- Have strong negotiating skills,
- Have strong analytical and communication skills,
- Be objective driven and persistent in approach,
- Be self-motivated and capable of working in a team environment.
At Melita p.l.c. we know that our success depends entirely on our work-force. For this reason we make sure that the Melita team remains diverse, dynamic and free to grow and develop.
If you would like to apply for this role, kindly fill in the below application form.
Melita is an equal opportunities employer and an achiever in the Foundation for Human Resources Awards 2011.
Closing Date: 27th January 2017