The Credit Control Officer will be part of the Credit Control Team which is responsible for performing controls in an effort to minimise credit risks and maximise the collection of cash and equipment whilst focusing on Customer Experience.
Main duties include:
- Answering calls from customers and internal employees;
- Chasing clients for payment and equipment through Calls, SMS, Letters and Emails and negotiate with customers for payments on agreement basis;
- Resolve queries on outstanding balances with customers and internal employees by means of adjustments / charges through our Internal Ticketing System;
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner;
- Maintain accurate records of all activity;
- Vetting of new clients and approving of sales orders;
- Provide periodic departmental operations procedures on tasks carried out and effectively update ‘DOP’s’ if changes occur;
- Update clients records in CRM and external agencies;
- Issuing of reports, letters and emails depending on client’s stage;
- Following up on actions agreed with customers, internal employees and/or Credit Control Manager;
- Processing and postings of payments;
- Communicate with different departments and external agencies to resolve any outstanding matters;
- Testing of Internal Tools and applications;
- Assist the Credit Control manager in other Ad-hoc duties as may be required
The ideal candidate would need to have:
- Good command of spoken and written Maltese and English languages.;
- Have an ‘O’ Level standard of Education;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications mostly Excel and Word;
- Have strong negotiating, analytical and communication skills;
- Be objective driven and persistent in approach;
- Be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Possession of ECDL Advanced or Diploma in IT will be considered an asset;
At Melita Ltd. we know that our success depends entirely on our work-force. For this reason we make sure that the Melita team remains diverse, dynamic and free to grow and develop.
If you would like to apply for this role, kindly fill in the below application form.
Melita is an equal opportunities employer and an achiever in the Foundation for Human Resources Awards 2011.
Closing Date: 28th February 2019