Freedom Pack Plan (as from 18th March 2013)
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Melita Freedom Pack Plan (“Freedom Pack”) being provided by Melita plc and Melita Mobile Ltd (“Melita”). Access to and use of this Freedom Pack is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network
1. The Freedom Pack starts from the 1st October 2012 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
2. The Freedom Pack is available to all new and existing Melita Fixed Telephony subscribers (“the Customer”) who are currently not in a 2-year agreement and who subscribe to a new Melita Telephony agreement for a 24 Month Term (the “Agreement”). For the avoidance of any doubt in order to subscribe to the Freedom Pack, existing Customers are required to sign a new agreement for a 24 Month Term. The Freedom Pack is only available to non commercial clients.
Existing Customers who are subscribed to the current Freedom Pack, whose initial term is over, and who would like to subscribe to this Freedom Pack may do so by signing a new agreement for a 24 Month Term having a monthly access fee of €14.99, and be eligible to receive a new handset as stipulated in clause 3(b).
3. Upon subscribing to the Freedom Pack in accordance with clause 2 above, the Customer shall benefit from a Melita fixed telephony service, a Melita mobile pre-paid starter pack together with one handset as determined from time to time by Melita as follows:
a. A Fixed Telephony service with:
i. unlimited calls to all registered Melita fixed line numbers;
ii. calls to all other local fixed line numbers shall be charged at €0.03c per minute;
iii. unlimited calls to the Melita mobile pre-paid number provided with the Freedom Pack as specified in paragraph (b) below. Calls to all local mobile numbers shall be charged at the standard rate of €0.23c per minute. With regard to international calls and premium rated services standard telephony charges shall apply. Calls to local mobile numbers and international calls shall be chargeable on a per minute basis.
b. 1 Melita mobile starter pack with:
i. 1 handset at a onetime nominal charge depending on the handset model (the make and model of such handset shall be determined from time to time at the sole discretion of Melita). New Customers who subscribe to the Freedom Pack may choose to: (a) either benefit from the free handset provided by Melita or; (b) upgrade to a better handset by either paying a onetime nominal charge as per clause 3(b)(i) or a monthly charge of €2 for the duration of the Agreement. The model of the handsets are subject to availability, may vary from time to time and are to be determined at the sole discretion of Melita.
ii. €10 credit which shall be automatically credited to the free Melita mobile number provided with the Freedom Pack in a dedicated account on the 15th of every month for the duration of the subscription. Customers may freely top-up their main account as required, however such credit will only be used upon the exhaustion of the free credit provided by Melita in the Customers dedicated account
iii. Unlimited calls to all registered Melita mobile numbers.
iv. Unlimited calls to all registered Melita fixed line numbers.
v. For all other usage the standard mobile pre-paid rates shall apply.
Any amount automatically topped-up which has not been utilised during the 24 Month Term shall be rolled over, only should the Customer remain on this Tariff. In case of migrations, unutilised amounts shall be lost.
4. Upon subscribing to the Freedom Pack the Customer shall pay a monthly access fee of €14.99c as well as any other usage charges incurred as detailed in Melita’s applicable terms and conditions as stipulated hereunder. Customers subscribing to the Freedom Pack as from the 1st October 2012 until the 15th December shall be charged a monthly access fee of €12.99c instead of €14.99c.
5. The services provided with the Freedom Pack plan will commence when the Customer’s account is successfully activated by Melita. For the avoidance of any doubt both the Melita fixed telephony service and the Melita mobile service shall be registered under the same account at all times. A Customer who ports-out the Melita mobile number provided with the Freedom Pack shall continue being charged the monthly access fee as stipulated under clause 4 of these terms and conditions for the duration of the Agreement. A Customer who ports-out the Melita fixed telephony number provided with the Freedom Pack shall be subject to additional charges as stipulated in Clause 10 of Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions and the retail price of the 3G handset given upon subscription.
6. All connection, delivery and/or installation charges shall be at the Customers sole expense. All charges shall be due as of the date that the service is installed/activated.
7. Customers subscribing to the Freedom Pack agree and accept to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which should be read in conjunction with Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions which are provided to the Customer for signing together with the Mobile Pre-Paid Standard Terms and Conditions , the Acceptable Usage Policy and any other applicable Terms and Conditions, a copy of which are available on Melita’s website – 18.104.22.168/melita.com/.
8. This plan is subject to a Fair Usage Policy as follows: If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the plan is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
9. In case of default in payment, Melita reserves the right to terminate the Freedom Pack with respect to that particular Customer and charge any additional charges as per the Standard Terms and Conditions. Since both fixed and mobile numbers are on the same account, both services will be disconnected. Any credit (both in the main and dedicated mobile account) will be lost.
10. Melita shall have the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different package or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period. Your continued usage of our service beyond this notice period will be deemed your acceptance of the changes.