The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Melita Freedom Pack Plan (“Freedom Pack”) being provided by Melita plc and Melita Mobile Ltd (“Melita”). Access to and use of this Freedom Pack is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network
1. The Freedom Pack starts from the 8th November 2010 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
2. The Freedom Pack is available to all new and existing Melita Fixed Telephony subscribers (“the Customer”) who subscribe to a new Melita Telephony agreement for a minimum initial term of twenty-four (24) month (the “Agreement”). For the avoidance of any doubt in order to subscribe to the Freedom Pack, existing Customers are required to sign the Melita Standard Terms & Conditions thereby renewing their agreement for a minimum initial term of twenty-four (24) months. The Freedom Pack is only available to non commercial clients.
3. Upon subscribing to the Freedom Pack in accordance with clause 2 above, the Customer shall benefit from a Melita fixed telephony service, a Melita mobile pre-paid starter pack together with one 3G handset as determined from time to time by Melita as follows:
a. A Fixed Telephony service with:
i. unlimited calls to all registered Melita fixed line numbers;
ii. unlimited calls to all other local fixed line numbers;
iii. unlimited calls to the Melita mobile pre-paid number provided with the Freedom Pack as specified in paragraph (b) below. Calls to all other local mobile numbers shall be charged at the standard rate of €0.23c per minute. With regard to international calls and premium rated services standard telephony charges shall apply. Call to other local mobile numbers and international call shall be chargeable on a per minute basis.
b. 1 Melita mobile starter pack with:
i. 1 3G handset at a onetime nominal charge depending on the handset model (the make and model of such handset shall be determined from time to time at the sole discretion of Melita) [applicable as from 7th March 2011]. New Customers who subscribe to the Freedom Pack as from 19th June 2012 may choose to: (a) either benefit from the free handset provided by Melita or; (b) upgrade to a better handset by either paying a onetime nominal charge as per clause 3(b)(i) or a monthly charge of €2 for the duration of the initial term of twenty-four months. The model of the Handsets depend on the availability, may vary from time to time and are to be determined at the sole discretion of Melita. Customers who terminate before the Initial Term shall be liable to pay the early termination fee and the cost of the handset.
ii. €10 credit which shall be automatically credited to the free Melita mobile number provided with the Freedom Pack in a dedicated account on the 15th of every month for the duration of the subscription. Customers may freely top-up their main account as required, however such credit will only be used upon the exhaustion of the free credit provided by Melita in the Customers dedicated account
iii. Unlimited calls to all registered Melita mobile numbers.
iv. Unlimited calls to all registered Melita fixed line numbers.
v. For all other usage the standard mobile pre-paid rates shall apply.
4. Upon subscribing to the Freedom Pack the Customer shall pay a monthly access fee of €12.99c as well as any other usage charges incurred as detailed in Melita’s applicable terms and conditions as stipulated hereunder.
5. The services provided with the Freedom Pack plan will commence when the Customer’s account is successfully activated by Melita. For the avoidance of any doubt both the Melita fixed telephony service and the Melita mobile service shall be registered under the same account at all times. A Customer who ports-out the Melita mobile number provided with the Freedom Pack shall continue being charged the monthly access fee as stipulated under clause 4 of these terms and conditions for the duration of the Agreement. A Customer who ports-out the Melita fixed telephony number provided with the Freedom Pack shall be subject the termination penalty as stipulated in Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions and the retail price of the 3G handset given upon subscription.
6. All connection, delivery and/or installation charges shall be at the Customers sole expense. All charges shall be due as of the date that the service is installed/activated.
7. Customers subscribing to the Freedom Pack agree and accept to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which should be read in conjunction with Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions which are provided to the Customer for signing, the Telephony Specific Terms and Conditions of Service, the Mobile Specific Terms and Conditions of Service together with the Mobile Pre-Paid Standard Terms and Conditions and any other applicable Terms and Conditions, a copy of which are available on Melita’s website – 184.108.40.206/melita.com/.
8. This plan is subject to a Fair Usage Policy as follows: If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the plan is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
9. In case of default in payment, Melita reserves the right to terminate the Freedom Pack with respect to that particular Customer and charge any termination penalties. Since both fixed and mobile numbers are on the same account, both services will be disconnected. Any credit (both in the main and dedicated mobile account) will be lost.
10. Melita reserves the right to stop, suspend, amend or otherwise alter this plan and these terms and conditions subject to applicable law. If Melita decides to terminate this plan, all Customers on this plan shall be automatically shifted onto another plan.