International E-Waste Day Scheme
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the International E-Waste Day Scheme (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) being provided to Melita Customers (“the Customer”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). Eligibility to this Scheme is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Scheme, the Customer accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- The Scheme shall commence on the 12th October 2021 and ends on the 17th October 2021.
- Customers having a Melita fixed or a mobile postpaid service may deposit their old mobile handsets or telephony set for recycling purposes, and get a maximum of €5.00 credit on his Melita account.
- The Customer confirms that he is the owner of the handset being returned for recycling under this scheme.
- The Customer shall ensure that all personal data and files are deleted from the handset before this is provided to Melita for recycling purposes. Any Sim Cards and data cards shall also be removed from the handset. Melita shall not be held liable for any data not removed from the handset, or for any charges incurred on the Sim Card thereafter. Customer shall remain responsible at all times for usage incurred from his Sim Card.
- By partaking in this Scheme, the Customer understands and accepts that the handset will be sent to third parties for recycling purposes. Melita shall in no way be held liable should the third party engage in illegal behaviour.
- Any data processed through this Scheme is processed in line with our Data Protection Notice available at https://www.melita.com/terms/data-protection-notice/
- Melita reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Scheme at any time by giving immediate notice to the public via the Melita website (melita.com).