Terms and Conditions / Mobile
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Melita Internet and On the Move Bundle (“the Bundle”) being provided to customers (“the Customer”) by Melita Mobile Ltd and/or Melita plc (“Melita”) as applicable. Access to and use of this Bundle is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- This Bundle will start from the 1st December 2009 and will continue thereafter unless and until the service is terminated by Melita.
- This Bundle is available to all new or existing Customers subscribing to the Melita Connector package, who also have an active Melita plc home internet connection in their name. The Melita Connector package (“Connector”), includes a Melita Data Dongle (“Dongle”) together with a dedicated Melita SIM card provisioned for data and SMS usage.
- In order to benefit from the Bundle as outlined in the Melita Internet and On the move Bundle Terms and Conditions, the Customer agrees to enter into a new agreement with Melita Mobile Ltd for the Melita Connector and renew his agreement with Melita plc for the home internet connection both for a term of twenty-four (24) months (“Term”) starting from the date of activation of the Melita Connector service. The Customer can opt to terminate the agreement on expiry of the Term, by giving at least three  months prior notice in writing. If the Customer terminates the agreement, disconnects or changes tariff plan before the lapse of the Term, the Customer shall be liable to pay Melita an Early Termination Fee, which shall consist of (i) a one-time lump sum representing the full retail value of the Connector; (ii) a one-time lump sum of one-half of the monthly subscription fees for the remaining duration of the Term, and (iii) all outstanding amounts on the Customer’s bill. After the Initial Term, this agreement shall continue for further terms of one month each, until the Customer decides to terminate the agreement by notice in writing at least two  weeks before the end of the then current one-month term.
- Customers subscribed to this Bundle shall benefit from an increased download limit and a discounted monthly tariff rate on the Melita Connector for the duration of the Agreement as found on the Melita Connector tariffs available on 22.214.171.124/melita.com/. The discounted monthly tariff rate excludes the applicable monthly charge for the home internet connection.
- Standard SMS rates shall apply for any SMS usage made from the dedicated Melita SIM card provided with the Connector. SMSes sent from the dedicated Melita SIM card provided with the Connector, will not be sent from your Melita Mobile number but from another number specifically allocated to the dedicated Melita SIM card provided. If a Customer terminates his Agreement or is disconnected from the network, he will no longer avail of the number allocated to him with the Connector provided.
- The Connector shall only be available to the account holder and may not be transferred. Any Connector given to a Customer which is damaged, stolen, lost or tampered with and which the Customer wishes to have replaced will result in the Customer having to pay the full retail value of the Connector.
- The Bundle can only be used by the Customer for usage performed on Melita’s local 3G network. The value of the Bundle may be used by a Customer only for the Bundle service being provided according to the Bundle tariff plan. Any unutilized balance from the standard monthly Bundle tariff rate shall not be carried forward and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any use of the service over and above what is included in the Data Bundle shall be charged according to the Data Bundle tariff plan.
- Customers subscribed to this Bundle must remain subscribed to the Melita plc home Internet and Melita Connector services throughout the Term. Disconnection or termination of any one of the services shall trigger the Early Termination Fee outlined in clause 3 above and shall automatically terminate any benefits associated with the Bundle.
- Melita shall have the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with Melita’s Mobile Internet (Web) Terms and Conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions that apply, provided that in case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Mobile Internet (Web) Terms and Conditions or any other relevant terms and conditions, then these Terms and Conditions shall apply.