Terms and Conditions / Mobile
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Total Control Plan, (hereinafter referred to as “the Tariff”) being provided to Melita pre-paid customers (“the Customer”) by Melita plc (“Melita”). Access to and use of the Tariff is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By accessing and using this Tariff, the Customer accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- Subscription to the Tariff shall commence on the 16thNovember 2011 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
- Subscription to the Tariff is available to all new or existing Melita Customers entering into a 24 Month Term agreement with Melita (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Agreement’).
- In case of Customers who have ported in their mobile numbers, eligibility for the Tariff shall start when the porting is successful. For other Customers, eligibility for the Tariff will start when their account is successfully activated. Upon subscription Customer shall benefit of €10 credit, which amount shall be billed in the first bill, thereafter the Customer will be charged twenty-five euro (€25) for this Tariff in a monthly bill. This €25 shall be credited to his mobile account on the 15thof every month* for the duration of the Agreement.
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall benefit from:
i) free calls to Melita fixed lines and Melita mobile numbers;
ii) 1GB free data per month assigned on the 15thof every month*.
iii) free or subsidised handset subject to availability;
Rates for calls and SMS applicable to this Tariff, whether local or international, as well as roaming charges, shall be as published on the Melita website 22.214.171.124/melita.com/. Cost of Premium calls/SMS shall depend on the premium service. Access to premium calls/SMS is available only through the Customer’s own top-up.
- Customers subscribed to the Tariff shall not be eligible to any other prepaid offer or promotion unless expressly stated by Melita. Any benefit, offer or promotion assigned to the Customer prior to subscribing to the Tariff shall be lost by the Customer upon subscription to this Tariff.
- Customers on this Tariff may avail themselves of the SMS Bundles but cannot avail themselves of the Data Bundles.
- Any amount automatically topped-up which has not been utilised during the 24 Month Term shall be rolled over, only should the Customer remain on this Tariff. In case of migrations, unutilised amounts shall be lost.
- Customers benefiting from this Offer, can opt to terminate any of the services mentioned in clause 3 above in accordance with Clause 10 of the Standard Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions, with the Pre-paid Standard Terms and Conditions, Mobile Internet (web) Terms & Conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions. In case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions, then these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- This Tariff is subject to a Fair Usage Policy as follows: If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the Tariff is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Tariff and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period
* N.B. Those Customers who subscribe to this Agreement after the 15th of the month shall benefit from the credit and Data at the end of the said month.