Terms and Conditions / Mobile
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Total Control Value, (hereinafter referred to as “the Tariff”) being provided to Melita hybrid pre-paid customers (“the Customer”) by Melita plc (“Melita”). Access to and use of the Tariff is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By accessing and using this Tariff, the Customer accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- Subscription to the Tariff shall commence on 3rd November 2014 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita, is available to all new or existing Melita Customers entering into a 24 Month Term Agreement with Melita (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Agreement’).
- Customers who subscribe to this Tariff will be charged twenty euro (€20) for this Tariff monthly. In case of Customers who have ported in their mobile numbers, eligibility for the Tariff shall start when the porting is successful. For other Customers, eligibility for the Tariff will start when their account is successfully activated.
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall benefit from:
- €15 credit, credited to the account on the 15thof every month for the duration of the subscription. Customer shall upon subscription be charged a €10 activation fee.
- free calls to Melita fixed lines and Melita mobile numbers;
- 100 SMS to all networks per month assigned on the 15thof every month;
- 500MB data per month assigned on the 15thof every month;
- 10GB WiFi data per month;
- handset, subject to availability.
Rates for calls, SMS and data applicable to this Tariff, whether local or international, as well as roaming, will be charged as published on the Melita website https://www.melita.com Cost of Premium calls/SMS shall depend on the premium service. Access to premium calls/SMS is available only through the Customer’s own top-up.
Upon subscribing to this Tariff Customers will benefit of all the benefits listed in clause 4 above. Customers who subscribe before the 15th of the month will be given the full benefits upon subscription and again on the 15th of the month, whilst Customers joining after the 15th of the month shall receive the benefits listed in clause 4 upon subscription and again at the end of the month. This double benefit shall apply only during the first month of subscription
- A Customer on this Tariff may opt not to take the handset with this Tariff. In that case, the Customer will benefit from additional credit of €5 monthly for the duration of the subscription every 15thof the month.
- A Customer on this Tariff, who tops up additional credit, shall be awarded the same value of the top up as bonus credit immediately upon top-up. This bonus credit can be utilised only for a period of 30 days. Unutilised credit will not be carried forward except when the Customer tops-up again within the same 30 day period. For the avoidance of doubt, automatic top-up which is done on the 15thof the month does not qualify for double top-up in accordance with this clause.
- Any credit allocated to the Customer shall be utilised in the following order: 1 credit as per clause 3 which may include the no handset credit as per clause 4; ii) any additional credit due from top-up vouchers purchased by the Customer, iii) double top-up bonus credit as per clause 5 above
- Customers subscribed to the Tariff shall not be eligible to any other prepaid offer or promotion unless expressly stated by Melita. Any benefit, offer or promotion assigned to the Customer prior to subscribing to the Tariff shall be lost by the Customer upon subscription to this Tariff.
- If the Customer terminates the Agreement, disconnects, downgrades or migrates onto a different tariff plan before the lapse of the 24 Month Term Clause 10 of this Agreement shall apply. In such case, the Customer shall also refund Melita the retail cost of the handset/device.
- Any amount automatically topped-up, any other benefit listed in clause III and the no handset credit as per clause IV above, which has not been utilised during the 24 Month Term shall remain available to the Customer, only if the Customer remains subscribed to this Tariff. In case of migrations or terminations, unutilised amounts shall be lost.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Melita’s Pre-paid Standard Terms and Conditions, Melita WiFi Terms and Conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions. In case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions, then these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the Tariff is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Tariff and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period