Terms and Conditions / Mobile
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the “The One” Pay-Monthly Mobile Plan (“the Tariff”) being provided to a pay monthly customer (“the Customer”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). Access to and use of this Tariff is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- This Tariff will start from the 26th January 2015 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
- This Tariff is available to new or existing* Customers entering into a 24 Month Term agreement with Melita (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Agreement’).
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall be charged €30 or €50 in advance as a monthly access fee according to the Tariff plan chosen and shall be charged for the respective services according to the applicable tariff rates.
- Customers subscribing to the €30 Tariff shall benefit from:
- free calls to all local fixed lines and local mobile numbers; and
- 10GB of data on Melita WiFi.
Rates for international calls, SMS and data, whether local or international, as well as roaming, premium calls and premium SMS will be charged as published on the Melita website www.melita.com
- Customers subscribing to the €30 Tariff shall have the possibility to subscribe to a SMS and/or internet bundle. If a Customer chooses to subscribe to a SMS and/or internet bundle he may do so upon signing of this Agreement or later during the term of the Agreement, Customer will remain subscribed to said bundles for the remaining term of the Agreement. For each bundle the Customer shall be charged €5 per month and shall benefit from 300SMS and/or 1GB. Should the Customer exceed the 300 SMS and/or 1GB he shall be charged €5 depending on the bundle chosen and he will again benefit from the 500SMS and/or 1GB.
- Existing TV and FibrePower Customers shall upon subscribing to the €30 Tariff benefit from a €5 monthly discount on the Tariff. Furthermore the Customer agrees to renew their agreement for their TV or FibrePower service for a new 24 Month Term commencing on date of signature of this Agreement. Current Terms and conditions for the existing services shall remain unchanged.
- Existing Fibre Power Entertainment Pack Customers and Customers already subscribed to a post-paid plan shall upon subscribing to the €30 Tariff benefit from €10 monthly discount on the Tariff. Same conditions as per clause 4 above shall apply with regards to the existing services.
- Customers subscribing to the €50** Tariff shall benefit from:
- free calls to all local fixed lines and local mobile numbers;
- free local SMS
- 500 minutes to EU zone 1 numbers
- 3GB Data
- Existing TV, FibrePower and Entertainment Pack Customers upon subscribing to the €50 Tariff shall benefit from a €10 monthly discount. Furthermore Customer agrees to renew their agreement for their TV, FibrePower or Entertainment Pack service for a new 24 Month Term commencing on date of signature of this Agreement. Current Terms and conditions for the existing services shall remain unchanged.
- Discounts to which Existing Customers are eligible shall only be applicable in so far as the Customers remain subscribed to the services. Should one or more services be terminated then the discount given shall no longer be applicable.
- If the Customer terminates the Agreement, disconnects, downgrades or migrates onto a different Tariff plan before the lapse of the 24 Month Term, Clause 10 of the Standard Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- All charges deriving from this Tariff include VAT but exclude Excise Tax and any other applicable taxes, unless otherwise explicitly stated.
- Migration requests to any other tariff plan are subject to the terms and conditions of the respective tariff. Melita reserves the right not to entertain migration requests by Customers from this Tariff onto another tariff plan.
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall also be bound by Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions shall apply, provided that in case of conflict these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- This Tariff is subject to a Fair Usage Policy as follows: If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the Tariff is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. This Tariff is meant solely for individual use only. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended such as a SIM box.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Tariff and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period.
* Existing customers shall mean customers currently subscribed to the Magic Plan, customers within the last 6 months of their contract term on the Unlimited Value Plan and customers within last 12 months of their contract term on the Hybrid plan.
** As of the 17th June 2015 Customers subscribing to the €50 Tariff shall have the possibility of subscribing to an internet bundle as per clause 5 above.
NB – As of 2nd May 2016 to 17th July 2016 Customers subscribing to the €30 Tariff shall further benefit from:
- a cancellation period of 30 days (should the Customer terminate the Tariff after the first 30 days applicable charges shall apply); and
- a €10 discount on the monthly access fee (this discount is not applicable when the Tariff forms part of a bundle).
Any usage made shall be payable by the Customer. Customers may choose to benefit from the Handset Offer after the lapse of the first 30 days.
Discounts are not cumulative. The discount with the highest value shall be applicable.
NB – As of 20th of June 2016 to 17th of July Customers subscribing to the €50 Tariff shall further benefit from a €20 discount on the access fee for the first 3 months of the contract. Starting with the fourth month, the full access fee is applied.