My device is not connecting to StellarWiFi, what should I do?
- Make sure WiFi on your device is on and that you can see your WiFi network name on your device
- If you can’t find your WiFi network name, please visit your Plume App, go to Settings on the menu and verify your WiFi network name
- Make sure you enter the correct WiFi password if prompted
- Make sure that the gateway pod is connected to the modem and is functioning.
- Check to make sure that your Pods are online. You can always verify the status of your Pods in your Plume App Settings
- Turn the WiFi on your device off and then back on
- Restart your device
- Check with your device manufacturer for any special requirements
- Reset network settings or forget the old network on your device. If your old WiFi is still broadcasting, your device may be switching between networks
- Check if other devices can connect to the WiFi network
- Always make sure that the WiFi on your old router has been turned off. Your device may have difficulty connecting to your StellarWiFi network if the old network is still broadcasting. Turning off the old WiFi will also remove a potential source of interference from the environment
Ethernet connected devices
- If your wired device is not connecting to the network, try power-cycling the pod while the device is still connected by Ethernet
- Try another Ethernet cable. Ethernet cables will often fail, causing poor or unstable connections