The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Student Offer, (hereinafter referred to as “the Offer”) being provided to customers (“the Customer”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). By accessing and using this Offer, the Customer accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- The Offer shall commence on the 7th February 2022 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
- Customers eligible for the Free Internet for Students Voucher Scheme may subscribe to any of the below discounted Offers on presentation of the Government Voucher. Customers below the age of eighteen (18) years, shall be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians to one of Melita’s outlets for registration purposes. Melita reserves the right to verify Customer’s identity and age from time to time and ask for supporting documentation, if found not in line with these eligibility requirements, Customer will be automatically switched to the current default offers and charged the full price.
- Customers subscribing to this Offer may avail themselves of any of the following plans:
- Student Pass– customer to benefit from the below every first of the month, for free for 12 months:
- 200 minutes towards all local networks in Malta and whilst in EU & UK;
- 200 SMS to all local networks in Malta and whilst in EU & UK;
- Unlimited mobile data*, at 4.5G speeds.
- Unlimited use of MelitaWiFi in Malta.
* Roaming Fair Use Policy: Customers roaming within the EU & UK for periodic travelling, shall be eligible to consume 24GB volume of data with Student Pass, for any given billing period. This volume allowance is calculated in line with EU law and shall be available to customers whilst roaming in the EU/EEA/UK. Any data usage consumed over and above the GB roaming data allowance mentioned above shall be charged at the EU regulated surcharge rate subject to sufficient credit. Any data usage above the domestic data allowance shall be charged at the standard domestic data tariff rate, with a surcharge. The surcharge is available here. The volume of data allowance and the surcharge shall vary periodically in accordance with EU law. All international usage, maritime roaming usage and inflight roaming usage both within and outside the EU and roaming usage outside the EU are not included as Roam Like at Home Tariffs. These will be charged at the standard international and roaming rates found on our website
Customers subscribed to Student Pass will be charged default rates for; additional calls/SMS on consumption of any benefit, international call/SMS, calls/SMS/data whilst roaming outside the EU and premium calls/SMS, subject to sufficient credit.
Student Pass Offer at the retail value of €25.50, includes VAT and 4% excise, but excludes any other taxes.
The Student Pass is open to Government Voucher holders. Customers may redeem the Government Voucher in order to benefit from the Student Pass for free for a term of twelve (12) months. Following the lapse of the twelve (12) months, Customers will be downgraded to Pockit default rates.
- Plug n Learn Internet– at a monthly charge of €25.50, Customer shall benefit from:
- 400GB of local data per month, at the maximum download speed of 50Mbps and upload speed of 10Mbps.
- Should the Customer exceed the 400GB of data per month as per the Tariff, he shall be charged an additional €1 per 1GB of data. Should the Customer exceed any of the additional 1GB in a particular month he will again be charged €1 per 1GB.
This Plug n Learn Internet is being provided for a term of twelve (12) months. Government Voucher may be redeemed in order to benefit from the Plug n Learn Internet for free. Should the Customer wish to retain the service beyond the twelve (12) months the monthly fee thereafter shall be of €25.50.
The Plug n Learn Internet can only be used by the Customer for usage performed on Melita’s local network. Roaming service is not available.
Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall be provided with a dedicated Melita SIM card provisioned solely for data usage together with a Melita Connector device having the retail value of €100.
Upon termination of this Tariff, the Customer shall return the dedicated Melita SIM card and the Melita Connector device. Any Melita Connector device given to a Customer which is damaged, stolen, lost or tampered with, the Customer shall be liable to pay the full retail value of the Melita Connector.
- Flexi bundle –customer shall benefit from the below for €25.49 for the first 3 months and at €40.49 thereafter:
- Internet Fibre Power with 1Gbps download and 60Mbps upload;
- Fixed Telephony Line with on-net and off-net fixed calls charged at €0.05c per minute and on-net and off-net mobile calls charges at €0.23c per minute; and
- 20GB of MelitaWiFi in Malta.
Government Voucher may be redeemed against this plan in order to benefit from the Flexi bundle for free for the first three (3) months, at €15.49 per month for the following nine (9) months, and thereafter shall continue paying at the monthly fee of €40.49 for the remainder of the 24 Month Term.
Terms and Conditions for Flexi bundle apply.
- Government Voucher may be redeemed against any other new and existing Melita Service, comprising of internet service, subject to a 24 Month Term. Customers shall benefit from a €25 monthly discount against the internet service for the first twelve (12) months upon redeeming the Government Voucher. Thereafter, Customer will be charged the applicable monthly access fee of these Tariffs respectively.
- Any unutilised benefits shall not be carried forward and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Customers benefitting of the Student Pass Offer may not switch to any other Pass bundle or avail of the Internet and/or SMS Bundle unless explicitly indicated above.
- Should a Customer wish to downgrade or terminate any of these Offers before the lapse of the twelve (12) months, any remaining credit value from the Government Voucher will be lost and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Other applicable rates shall be as published on the Melita website. All Offers include VAT but exclude Excise Tax and any other applicable taxes, unless otherwise explicitly stated.
- Customers subscribing to the Service agree and accept to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which should be read in conjunction with Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions which are provided to the Customer for signing and any other applicable Terms and Conditions. For Customers subscribed to the Student Pass Offer Melita’s Pre-paid top-up plan Terms and Conditions apply.
- Fair Usage Policy: If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the Offer is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to the standard Pre-paid Top up plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service.