The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the Umbrella cybersecurity service (“Service”) being provided to customers (“the Customer”) by Melita Limited. (“Melita”). Access to the benefits of this Service is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- This Service will start from the 28th October 2021 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
- This Service is available to new and existing Customers subscribed to a Melita fixed internet service.
- Customers subscribing to a Melita internet connection having a minimum download speed of 30Mbps may subscribe to this Service and shall benefit from a network level, cloud-based cybersecurity service wherein Customer’s devices connected to their Melita home internet service will have an added level of protection against cyber threats. This Service does not guarantee complete protection against cyber threats and Customers ought to remain vigilant.
- Customer shall pay a monthly access fee of €1.00 for the Service. Price is inclusive of VAT. The cost for subscribing to the Service shall be billed over and above the monthly access fee of the applicable fixed internet service the Customer is subscribed to.
- Customer may subscribe or opt out of the Service at any point in time during the term of their Melita fixed internet Agreement. Customers may do so by contacting our customer care, by visiting one of our retail outlets or any Melita authorised agent.
- Melita will reasonably endeavour to deliver a fault free Service. Notwithstanding this, Melita does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, fault free, or offer complete protection for the integrity and confidentiality of the data and information accessed, stored or transmitted via the internet.
- Melita shall not be held liable for any damages; loss or corruption of data which may lead to interruption of Customers’ activity; this Service is not intended for use by business and therefore Melita shall not be liable for any interruption or loss of business; or loss of revenues, profits, goodwill or anticipated sales or savings
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with any other relevant terms and conditions that apply. In case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and or any other applicable terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Service and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period.