Mesh Network Benefits
- One of the positives is better coverage as you’re no longer relying on a router in one spot. Instead, a network of nodes working together.
- No more problems of a single point of failure. If one node can no longer operate, the network can reroute to still communicate between the remaining nodes.
- Taking the network down is impossible unless there is a worldwide catastrophe that wipes out all electronic devices.
- The network works with minimal infrastructure and can therefore be deployed faster at a lower cost than traditional infrastructure.
- There is no centralized authority in a mesh network. For that reason, some people compare it with what the Internet was back in the day: localised, anonymous, citizen-based, secure communication.
- Additional devices in a mesh topology will not affect its network connection. Hence it will improve the traffic in the network.