Do’s and Don’t regarding the placing of your eero pods
DO’s: As you’re experimenting with placement, here are some tips to follow:
- Place your eeros halfway between your gateway eero and your existing dead zones. This way, your eeros can get a strong WiFi signal from your gateway eero and broadcast that signal into your former dead zones. Each eero is a link in the chain bringing WiFi to your dead spot.
- It’s best to place your eeros at a height halfway between the floor and the ceiling, not on the ground.
- Keep them out in the open – try not to place your eeros inside a media console or cabinet.
- The thinner the barrier, the better. Older houses with dense materials like plaster, lath, or chicken wire in the walls are particularly hard for WiFi waves. Placing your eeros near doors may help since wood is less dense and easier for WiFi waves to penetrate. Whenever possible, aim for direct line of sight between eeros.
DON’Ts: Here are some things to avoid:
- Heavy metal. These objects can interfere with wireless radios. If you’re placing an eero in the kitchen, we suggest placing it on a counter or shelf that’s as far from your major appliances as possible.
- Interference. Avoid placing your eero on top of, or near, these objects:
- Microwave oven
- Cordless phones
- Fluorescent lights
- Bad electrical connections
- Soft surfaces. Your eeros work best on a stable surface, so avoid putting them on chairs, cushions, and any other surface that doesn’t allow for space beneath them to breathe.