Top Up Pay Bill
- Flexi Bundle
When using any of Melita Limited’s (“Melita”) Equipment and/or Services, the
Customer (“you”) agrees to comply with Melita’s Acceptable Usage Policy as specified hereunder. The below are to be
read in conjunction with and without prejudice to Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions and the Specific Terms and
Conditions of Service.
The following shall apply to all of Melita’s services unless the context suggests otherwise.
The Customer acknowledges and agrees:
1. Not to use the Services to commit a criminal offence or in any case for any illegal purpose;
2. Not to use the Services to seek unauthorised access to any computer system;
3. Not to seek unauthorised access or distribution of any software, data, or material protected by trade secret, copyright, patent or other intellectual property rights;
4. Not to engage in excessive data transfer which disrupts other users’ experience;
5. Not to interfere with the use of the Equipment or the Services by other customers or disrupt the Services;
6. Not to use the Services to harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any other person;
7. Not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional material or other forms of solicitation, commonly referred to as ‘spam’ by email, webmail or other electronic means to any person, except in those areas that are designated for such a purpose;
8. Not to knowingly or recklessly transmit a computer virus to another user or the Internet;
9. Not to use the Services in a way that would be a breach of privacy or confidentiality;
10. Not to use the Service in a way that would breach the fair use or similar usage policies of any network to which access is gained;
11. Not to do anything which is in contravention of instructions given by Melita;
12. Not to post, transmit, receive, upload or download any R-rated, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, indecent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive material;
13. Not to corrupt data, and/or circumvent or seek to circumvent any of the security safeguards of Melita or any of its suppliers;
14. Not to employ a misleading email address or name or alter or falsify information in the header, footer, return path or any part of any communication, including without limitation any email transmitted through the Service;
15. Not to attempt to discover (crack) the user identification or security of a host, network or account. This includes, without limitation, requesting data not intended for you, logging into a server or an account which you are not authorised to access, or testing its security without the permission of its owner;
16. Not to attempt to disrupt any service, host or network. This includes, but is not limited to, the flooding of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a system or attempts to crash a system.
17. Not to harass third parties through the use of language, the number of messages or the size of a message;
18. Not to send any messages to persons who do not wish to receive them (junk mail). Should a recipient indicate that he does not wish to receive any further email, this request must be complied with immediately;
19. Not to send or forward any chain letters, even if requested by the recipient;
20. Not to permit any third party to do any of the above.
21. To use Melita’s Services and Equipment for the Customer’s private and non-commercial use and shall not make any other or additional use thereof without the specific consent of Melita. Unauthorised use shall be subject to charges to the Customer including but not limited to charges to repair, replace or restore the Equipment to its original use.
22. That unless authorised by Melita, the Customer does not have the right to record all or any part of the programming or programme services or permit any other person to do so for any purpose whatsoever.
23. Not to use and/or authorise, permit or tolerate any other party to use, the Services for the transmission of any material which is in violation of any law, regulation, guideline, decision or directive in force in Malta or which is defamatory, menacing, obscene, in breach of third party intellectual or industrial property rights or in breach of trade secrets or for the purposes of harassing third parties;
24. To only use the Service/s with the equipment/device and/or SIM approved for use on the Network by Melita;
25. Not to use the Service/s for making abusive, offensive, indecent or nuisance calls, for sending spam or unsolicited emails or text messages, for making or receiving reverse charge calls or for infringing another person’s rights including copyright or other intellectual property rights.