The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the MelitaWiFi service (“Service”) being provided to the user (“User”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). “User” shall mean the User of the Service referring to Melita customers (“Customers”) and non Melita Customers. Access to the benefits of this Service is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By making use of this Service, User is agreeing to all of these Terms and Conditions, without modification. For more information, please phone 27 270 270.
- This Service will start on different dates as stipulated in Clause 2 below.
- As from 21st March 2019 the Service is available to New and Existing Customers subscribed to a mobile Postpaid plan, data dongle (internet connector) plan, Freedom Pack, Loyalty or Entertainment Pack, Hybrid plan, Prepaid plan, internet service. Provided that, new and existing Customers subscribed to a Postpaid or Hybrid Plan shall benefit from this Service until the end of the 24 Month Term of the Agreement between the Customer and Melita.
- Melita customers that have an active ‘MyMelita’ account may access the service by inserting their ‘MyMelita’ username and password in order to register up to a maximum of two devices (mobile, tablet and/or laptop) and access the Service. Customer may be required to authenticate his registration details from time to time. Upon registration Customer shall benefit from 20GB of data per calendar month. Unutilised MelitaWiFi data allowances shall not be carried forward.
- Customers subscribed to Melita’s mobile telephony service may register to this Service by inputting the Melita mobile telephony number and email address in order to register up to a maximum of one device (mobile, tablet and/or laptop) and access the Service. Customer may be required to authenticate the registration details from time to time, by inputting the access code received from Melita onto the registration page.
- Customers subscribed to a Postpaid or Hybrid Plan shall benefit from 20GB of MelitaWiFi data allowance per calendar month. Customers subscribed to Unlimited3/10/20 Mobile Plans, Big Blue Unlimited 5/10/30 and Flexi Big Blue Unlimited 10/20/60 Mobile Plans shall benefit from 50GB of MelitaWiFi data allowance per calendar month. Unutilised MelitaWiFi data allowances shall not be carried forward.
- Hybrid Plan Customers topping up with a minimum credit of €10 or more will benefit from an additional 20GB MelitaWiFi data allowance for 30 days from the date of the top up.
- Customers subscribed to a Prepaid Plan need to top-up with a minimum credit of €10, upon top-up Customer shall benefit from 20GB of data for 30 days from the date of the top up. Should the Customer utilise the 20GB prior to the lapse of 30 days said Customer may top-up again with a minimum credit of €10 and benefit again from 20GB of MelitaWiFi data allowance for an additional 30 days from the date of the top up. Depending on number of additional top ups, Customer may benefit from a maximum of 100GB of MelitaWiFi data allowance within 30 days from the date of the last top up of €10 or more. Any unutilised MelitaWiFi data allowance shall not be carried forward unless Customer tops up with a minimum credit of €10 or more before the lapse of the 30 days.
- The Service consists of a wireless data service using radio frequency to access the Internet. When the User is located within the radio frequency coverage area of sites in Malta, User may connect to the Service using a registered device.
- Melita reserves the right to charge for the Service. Such charges shall be the subject of specific terms and conditions applicable thereafter.
- The WiFi Service is variable. The WiFi Service or Hotspots may be changed, replaced, withdrawn at any time for any reason. We have limited control over the download and upload speeds attained from the WiFi Service or Hotspots at any particular time. Currently our WiFi service is able to support an estimated download speed of 5Mbps and an estimated upload speed of 0.5Mbps. These are purely theoretical estimates and in most cases will not be reached due to the fact that download and upload speeds depend upon a number of factors, which include but are not limited to the User’s device characteristics, location, network availability and coverage levels, number of Users in any given location, file characteristics and applications in use. Performance may be impacted by transmission limitations, any interference by third party equipment, terrain, in-building/in-vehicle use and capacity constraints. MelitaWiFi is solely available in Malta and Gozo.
- The Service shall not be used in any unauthorised way and the intellectual property rights of third parties shall be respected. Melita is not responsible for content accessed by the User. Users are solely responsible for the communication and content, in whatever form, originating from the use of the Service.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Service and these Terms and Conditions