HiTalk Hybrid Plan (now known as Budget Control Mobile Plan)
The following are the Terms and Conditions applicable in respect of the HiTalk Hybrid Plan (the “Tariff”) being provided to a customer (the “Customer”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). Access to and use of the Tariff is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- This Tariff will start from the 23rd September 2015 and will continue thereafter unless and until it is terminated by Melita.
- This Tariff is available to new or existing Customers entering into a 24 Month Term agreement with Melita (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Agreement’).
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff will be charged an activation fee of €10.50 and €15.50 for this Tariff monthly. In case of Customers who have ported in their mobile numbers, eligibility for the Tariff shall start when the porting is successful. For other Customers, eligibility for the Tariff will start when their account is successfully activated.
- Customers subscribing to this Tariff shall benefit from:
- 100 minutes for calls to all local fixed and mobile networks, automatically topped up to the account on the 15th of every month for the duration of the subscription. Any utilised minutes may be carried forward to the next month up to a maximum total of 200 minutes. Any additional minutes over and above the 200 minutes shall be lost;
- free calls to Melita fixed lines and Melita mobile numbers;
- 10GB WiFi data per month;
- handset, subject to availability.
Upon subscribing to this Tariff Customers will benefit of all the benefits listed in clause 4 above. Customers who subscribe before the 15th of the month will be given the full benefits upon subscription and again on the 15th of the month, whilst Customers joining after the 15th of the month shall receive the benefits listed in clause 4 upon subscription and again at the end of the month. This double benefit shall apply only during the first month of subscription.
Customers who are also subscribed to any of Melita’s internet, television or fixed telephony services on the same account, shall also benefit from an additional monthly discount of €5. If the Customer disconnects all the additional services and remains subscribed to this Tariff only, the Customer shall not longer be eligible for such monthly discount and the full monthly fee of €15.50 is applicable.
Access to, SMSs, mobile data, additional calls to other fixed or mobile networks in access of the 100 minutes and premium calls/SMS are available only through the Customer’s own top-up. Rates for calls, SMS and data applicable to this Tariff, whether local or international, as well as roaming, will be charged as published on the Melita website www.melita.com. Cost of Premium calls/SMS shall depend on the premium service. Access to premium calls/SMS is available only through the Customer’s own top-up.
- A Customer on this Tariff may also:
- opt not to take the handset with this Tariff. In that case, the Customer will benefit from additional credit of €2 monthly for the duration of the subscription every 15th of the month. This credit cannot be used for premium calls/SMS; or
- opt for the Hybrid Handset Offer or Handset/Device Offer in accordance with the terms of this offer available at https://www.melita.com/terms/mobile/handset-device-offer/.
- Customers subscribed to the Tariff shall not be eligible to any other prepaid offer or promotion unless expressly stated by Melita. Any benefit, offer or promotion assigned to the Customer prior to subscribing to the Tariff shall be lost by the Customer upon subscription to this Tariff. Provided however that Existing Customers who were previously subscribed to other hybrid Tariffs will be allowed to keep and make use of any remaining credit.
- If the Customer terminates the Agreement, disconnects, downgrades or migrates onto a different tariff plan before the lapse of the 24 Month Term, Article 10 of the Standard Terms shall apply and any minutes and credit automatically topped-up shall be lost. Unutilised credit topped up by the Customer shall only remain available to the Customer migrates on any other hybrid Tariff or downgrades to prepaid. In such case, the Customer shall also refund Melita the retail cost of the handset/device.
- Any minutes automatically topped-up, other benefits listed in clause III and the no handset bonus credit as per clause 5 (i) above, which has not been utilised during the 24 Month Term shall remain available to the Customer, only if the Customer remains subscribed to this Tariff. In case of migrations or terminations, unutilised minutes and credit shall be lost. Unutilised credit automatically topped up by Melita shall only remain available to the Customer, when the Customer migrates to another Hybrid tariff
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Melita’s Standard Terms and Conditions, Pre-paid Standard Terms and Conditions, Melita WiFi Terms & Conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions. In case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions, then these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- If, in the reasonable opinion of Melita, the Customer’s use of the Tariff is excessive, Melita may ask the Customer to moderate his/her usage. If after Melita has informed the Customer to moderate his/her usage, the Customer fails to do so, Melita reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of his/her usage, suspend or terminate the Customer’s service or migrate him to another tariff plan. Furthermore, Melita reserves its right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s service if he/she abuses of the service and/or uses it in a way for which it is not intended.
- Melita reserves the right to suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Tariff and these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 30 days’ written notice of such amendments and such amendments shall automatically become part of these Terms and Conditions at the end of the said notice period. If you do not accept any such amendments, you have the right to migrate on to a different tariff plan or terminate the service without incurring any penalty during the 30 day notice period.